Friday, March 15, 2013

Step Into the Past With Me

I've always been fascinated with old buildings, but I never thought much about it.  I enjoy studying history and learning about the past, so I think this connection with buildings just comes naturally.  As a small child I remember looking at a picture in the newspaper of my father's home town of an old antebellum house that had been cut into two parts be moved.  I remember staring at the picture for a long time.  The next time we visited my grandparents I instisted that we go to see the house after it had been put together (I was probably 7 or 8 years old).  This was the beginning.

So now, I am opening the door into the past.  This blog will be a place to explore and learn about the old buildings and properties that are part of our modern communities.  Behind the door of every old building there's a story waiting to be revealed....

Old Blanco County Courthouse
March 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment