This photograph was one of many historical pictures on display. It probably dates to the early 1900's when the building was home to the Blanco National Bank. Blanco County only used the building as a courthouse for four years before the county seat was moved to Johnson City; after that time the building was used for a variety of purposes. It is perhaps remembered best for its use as a hospital where many of Blanco County's citizens were born.
There are two identical staircases that lead to the second floor.
An arched door on each side of the building leads into a cross pattern hallway.